The Molix Lover Vibration Blade Jig:
- A relatively new style of lure.
- It fits somewhere between a spinnerbait, a crankbait and a jig!
- The name The Molix Lover Vibration Jig!
- Extremely snag free;
- Tremendous amount of wobble and vibration;
- Great Imitator of forage.
When and Where to Throw The Molix Lover Vibration Blade Jig:
- Like a jig and spinnerbait, its one of the most versatile lures you can throw in different conditions:
- All Seasons – winter (cold water), spring, summer (hot water), and fall!
- All Water Clarity’s – great in clear, stained, or muddy (dirty).
- All Types Of Cover – wood, rock, grass, anything!
- Imitates All Forage – bait, panfish species, crustaceans and crawfish.
Techniques For Fishing The Molix Lover Vibration Blade Jig:
- Steady Retrieve – stained water and active bass
- Burn – Great for clearer water and schooling bass. This is where I love to use the treble hook version!
- Slow Roll – cold water and dirty water
- Drag and Pull – great for cold water and deep water (ledges).
- Feather – keeps the bait in the strike zone longer
- No matter what technique you choose, always make the lover change direction.
- You can do this by:
- Hitting/deflecting off of cover;
- Using the Rod and Reel;
- Using Your Body.
Picking Trailers for The Molix Lover Vibration Blade Jig:
- I like to select my Lover trailers based on two three factors:
- My Favourite Types Include:
- Natural Action – Chunks and Flukes;
- Moderate Action – Devils Spear, Swim Baits and Craws;
- Heavy Action – both single and double tail grubs.
Equipment for The Molix Lover Vibration Blade Jig:
- Rod – I use the exact same criteria as my spinnerbait rods. 6’6” – 7’4” medium action rods with the 7’ being my favorite! Slight delay (60/40)!
- Reel – Again the same criteria as a spinnerbait. Choose the reel based on the technique. 6.4:1 to 7.9:1 with the 7.0 being my favorite.
- Line – Once again same criteria as line for a spinnerbait. 75% of the time I’m using flora (12-20) and 25% of the time braid or mono (40-50 lb. braid and 14-20 lb. mono).
Contact Us for current inventory and ordering details.
We are the leading provider of Fly Fishing Lessons, Corporate Team Building, and Guiding on the Upper Grand River, the Upper Credit River, and the Conestogo River.
No Guelph, Fergus, Kitchener or Cambridge Fishing Tackle Retailer will boast as complete and diverse a store inventory, including a vast selection of Centerpin / Float Fishing Reels, Rods, Clothing and Accessories.
Order a HLS or TFC Gift Card – We will put one in the mail for FREE!
Fly Shop Flyshop Flyfish Grand River Fly fish Grand River Guide Grand River Lesson Grand River Fergus Ontario Canada